Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Long delayed, but finally...

Well I finally got around to taking pictures of my almost finished Smokin' Jacket and a couple of other projects.


Here is the Smokin' Jacket by Jared Flood

Sorry that the pictures aren't too great. Once I finally get it done I will have to go on a little modeling adventure. Granted it might look like a sack on me but we'll see.

Here is a simple garter stitch hat I made over the weekend. I've been pondering the idea for a while now because I thought a garter stitch hat would look kind of cool so I made one. I used Bernat's new Alpaca naturaul's It's a bulky yarn, but I feel as if it's more on the worsted side. I used a size US 8 16" circular needle as well. For the crown I liked the look of doing raglan decreases so I did four sets which gave the crown a nice squarish shape.

At first I wasn't going to do the the ribbing on the bottom but after I made the hat in completely garter stitch I thought it needed it. So I went back and ripped out cast-on and a couple rows down and added about an inch and a half of ribbing. I might write out the pattern I made up if you guys are interested. Or maybe if you're not too. lol

Now here's a hat I'm making for my sister's friend out of sugar n' cream cotton. I really don't care for it so it's only get a brief mention.

Ok well that's about all on the knitting front... life is crazy right now... so I'll post about that when I'm ready

No comments: