Sunday, June 28, 2009

Anyone remember me?

Wow! I haven't posted in over a year. It's been a busy year though. I've been wanting to get back in to blogging for a while but it has never been something I think about. I hope to change that by blogging more frequently. I won't make any promises, but it would be nice to start blogging again.
Ok, so let's catch everyone up. Over the last year a lot has happened in my life. Last September, I became a big boy and moved out of my parents house. I moved into a house with a few friends in town. Though there is always going to be some drama with room mates we tend to get along fairly well. It's nice being out on my own even with having the responsibilities of an adult. I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not, but I started a new job a little over ago. My one year anniversary was on April 21 st. I like my job though it can be boring sometimes. I basically work as data processor for out sourcing center in town. The pay is pretty decent, and in this economy I'm just happy to have a job. I am still a single boy for the time being. Though this can be depressing at times, I guess when it's my time I'll find someone.
Right now, my biggest trouble is my car. I have really old 93 mercury topaz, aka piece o' crap. There's so many things wrong with it that's it's not even funny. One good thing, it seems to refuse to die. I have no clue how it made it through the winter but it did. I'm just hoping it will hold out for another month or so. By then I should have enough for a good down payment on a new to me car.

Ok current knitting news:

Over the last week I had bit of startitis so I decide I would start the "Look sharp Socks" by Gary Skinner out of the Son of Stitch N' Bitch book. I started of the socks on my 2.5/US 1 knitpicks harmony dpn's using Paton's Kroy Sock in a dark grey and a light grey. For those who don't know these socks an argylish entrelac design, I will post pictures soon. Well I knitted all the way up to the second tier of rectangles and discover my guage was way off. The pattern states that guage should be around 13 stitches and 23 rows (on block) equqls 1 1/2 inch well I was getting closer to 2 inches. It's a good thing I wasn't too far along, so I frogged it and I'm going to start over on size 2.00 mm/US 0. The pattern calls for 2.25 mm but I knit fairly loosely any ways. We'll see what happens.

Oh ok, you know I can't be monogamous. I also have the fountain pen shawl from the last Interweave issue on my needles using knit picks shadows 100% merino lace weight, and the beginnings of what I hope to be a nice messenger bag/man bag for me using recycled sweater wool from a nice tweedish JCrew sweater I found at Goodwill. Pictures coming soon.

Ok well that's all for now, I hope to write more soon!